Working to promote secure attachment and placement stability for children and young and people in care and educational settings.Click on the link below to read more about us.
Attachment is much more than another word for relationship. It describes the human need that we all have for closeness, protection and safety when stress is experienced.Click on the link below to read more on attachment.
Challenging Behaviour (TCI)
Preventing and Responding to Challeging Behaviour – In all settings for children and teens.Click on the link below to read more on TCI.
My name is John Gibson (Johnnie). I own Gibson-Cathcart Child Care Training & Consultancy and trade under the name of Secure Attachment Matters Ireland. I consultant on crisis intervention and challenging behaviour to organisations throughout Ireland, I train trainers in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) for Cornell University NY. I have taught in USA, Australia, Eastern Europe, UK and Ireland.
Attachment is much more than another word for relationship. It describes the human need that we all have for closeness, protection and safety when stress is experienced. From this perspective, children’s behaviour is looked at from what the child is currently experiencing, both internally and externally. This is a point sometimes missed by adults in whatever their role in relation to children.
To work with adult carers, professional staff to promote secure attachement and placement stability for children in foster, adoptive and residential care.
"Every child needs to be the glimmer in someone’s eye.
“Children do well if they can” – and if they can’t we need to figure out how to help them (Adapted from Ross Greene “The Explosive Child.”
“To calm a frightened child, you must first calm yourself”.
From Bruce Perry – The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog
“Secure Attachment Matters Ireland” is the trading name of Gibson-Cathcart Social Work Consultancy.”
- You have concerns about children’s behaviour in schools, foster care, kinship care, adoptive care, residential care or any child and youth setting.
- You want to work better as a team in such a setting.
- You want to build or implement a model of care to inform the adult’s reactions and interactions with and on-behalf of children in your setting.
- If you want to learn skills of talking with children about their behaviour that is of concern to you
- If the children you work with or care for are actually of potentially physically aggressive.
- you have come to the right place. I specialise in all of the above – complete the contact form on the top menu and let me call you for a conversation.
Please feel free to fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks
© 2016 Secure Attachment Matters. All Rights Reserved.